Cape Malay Cooking Tour
- The Cape Malay Cooking Safari is a unique opportunity to get in touch with locals of the vibrant, colourfull area of Bo-Kaap. Explore Cape Malay cuisine, beverages and culture like you’ve never had before.learn about the aspects of the cultural diversity that Cape Town has to offer in our interactive guided walk through the historical heart of the Bo-Kaap with a mini shopping safari. Our focus lies on the Cape Muslim people with their South-East Asisn heritage, their culture, their community and their food and links between these.
- The mini shopping safari, which stops at a local spice shop and halaal butcher offers opportunities to interact with locals and to discover typical ingredients. The shop-keeper himself, when available, or our knowledgeable guide, will take you behind the counter to taste, smell and touch your way through \typical ingredients. This is a true sensory delight.
- The highlight is to visit a local family’s home and participate in a fun-filled cooking session & demonstration before savouring a full traditional 3 course lunch.
- Guided township tour with accredited guide
- Entrance fee to the Bo-Kaap Museum
- Cooking session/demo and ingredients for cooking session/demo
- Traditional non-alcoholic welcome drink
- Traditiona 3 course Cape malay lunch
- Small gift pack.
- Guests are not allowed to pick up children nor allowed to encourage them to follow the tour with us.
- Guests are to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing in respect to the community (e.g. no mini-skirts, bare shoulders, sexy & revealing clothing and flashy jewellery).
- Bring sun protection and wind protection and a warm jersey.
- We highly recommend bringing a small bottle of water as the local shops only stock sodas and sometimes other soft drinks.
- We recommend guests bring a little cash in small bills should they wish to purchase gifts or souvenirs.
- Meet at the Bo Kaap Museum 71 Whale Street
- Departure & Return times: 9am – 1pm
- Rack rate p.p. ZAR795pp
- Enquiries/Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency: email@example.com or +27(0)769338989