Ekasi Cuisine Trail Overnight Tour
- Flipside Trails Ekasi Cuisine Trail is a unique opportunity to get in touch with locals of the vibrant, urban township in area of Langa and Gugulethu in the heart of the Cape Flats. Explore Kasi style food, beverages and culture like you’ve never had before or ever will.
- This experience offers insight into the every-day life of locals living in Langa or Skom (as locals fondly call it) with very high energy local guide. You are given an overview of the township before you meet up with your host. To avoid voyeurism we offer real interaction with locals that allows for the stories to be shared in a natural and more enriching way and the focus is more on the positive side whilst not ignoring the other challenges.
- Visit local shops to get some of the ingredients with the host/guide and get a real chance to interact with locals in their various places of hustling! We also sample some of the local acquired cuisine.
- This is your opportunity to also support the locals by buying various souvenirs, such as arts & craft, specialised T-shirts with Langa Township & postal code imprint, amongst others, that showcases ekasi/township entrepreneurial spirit & artistic genius.
- The real highlight is to prepare lunch yourself with your host and to eat it.
- Return Transport: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Guided township tour with accredited
- Mini shopping safari with accredited guide (when available a local host will accompany us on these stops)
- A hands-on cooking session/demo & lunch
- Samples of local foods along the way
- Guests are not allowed to pick up children nor allowed to encourage them to follow the tour with us.
- Guests are to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing in respect to the community (e.g. no mini-skirts, bare shoulders, sexy & revealing clothing and flashy jewellery).
- Bring sun protection and wind protection and a warm jersey.
- We highly recommend bringing a small bottle of water as the local shops only stock sodas and sometimes other soft drinks.
- We recommend guests bring a little cash in small bills should they wish to purchase gifts or souvenirs.
- Pick-up & Drop-off point: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Departure & Return times: 8h30am – 1pm-1h30pm
- Rack rate p.p. Please enquire for appropriate quotation
- Enquiries/Reservations: email@example.com
- Emergency: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27(0)769338989