Kasi Trails - Township Style
- Flipside Trails Kasi Trail is a unique opportunity to get in touch with locals of the vibrant, urban township in area of Langa and Gugulethu in the heart of the Cape Flats. Explore Kasi style culture and vibrancy like you’ve never had before or ever will.
- This experience offers insight into the every-day life of locals living in Langa, Gugs and Khayelitsha with very high energy local guide. You are given an overview of the township before visiting interesting social upliftment projects and locals in their homes. To avoid voyeurism we offer real interaction with locals that allows for the stories to be shared in a natural and more enriching way and the focus is more on the positive side whilst not ignoring the other challenges.
- Visit local shops to sample some of township delicacies and get a real chance to interact with locals in their various places of hustling!
- This is your opportunity to also support the locals by buying various souvenirs, such as arts & craft, specialised T-shirts with Langa Township & postal code imprint, amongst others, that showcases ekasi/township entrepreneurial spirit & artistic genius.
- The real highlight the walk with a local and a visit to a local home to sample some of traditional treats.
- Return Transport: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Guided township tour with accredited
- A walk with a local in the township.
- A local snack at a local’s home.
- Samples of local foods along the way.
- Guests are not allowed to pick up children nor allowed to encourage them to follow the tour with us.
- Guests are to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing in respect to the community (e.g. no mini-skirts, bare shoulders, sexy & revealing clothing and flashy jewellery).
- Bring sun protection and wind protection and a warm jersey.
- We highly recommend bringing a small bottle of water as the local shops only stock sodas and sometimes other soft drinks.
- We recommend guests bring a little cash in small bills should they wish to purchase gifts or souvenirs.
- Pick-up & Drop-off point: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Departure & Return times: 9am – 1pm
- Rack rate p.p. Please enquire for appropriate quotation
- Enquiries/Reservations: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Emergency: email@example.com or +27(0)769338989