Spiritual Trails of the Cape
- Flipside Trails Spiritual Trails of the Cape is a unique opportunity to get in touch with locals of the vibrant, urban townships in area of Langa, Khayelitsha or Gugulethu in the heart of the Cape Flats. Explore traditional healer at her/his home and service at a local church for some spiritual healing and musical fulfilment.
- This experience offers insight into the every-day life of locals living in on some of the vibrant township with very high energy local guide. You are given an overview of the township before you meet up with your host. To avoid voyeurism we offer real interaction with locals that allows for the stories to be shared in a natural and more enriching way and the focus is more on the positive side whilst not ignoring the other challenges.
- Visit a “sangoma” / traditional doctor at his/her home or place of work to gain an insight on this old spiritual Xhosa culture.
- This is your opportunity to have your future/past being read (at an additional nominal fee) by the healer!
- The real highlights are to meet in person a practicing traditional healer and most wonderful musical experience in church.
- Get treated to local hospitality by a local host sampling some local cuisine in her home!
- Return Transport: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Guided township tour with accredited guide.
- A visit to a local traditional healer
- Church service
- A local snack at a locals home
- Guests are not allowed to pick up children nor allowed to encourage them to follow the tour with us.
- Guests are to wear comfortable shoes and appropriate clothing in respect to the community (e.g. no mini-skirts, bare shoulders, sexy & revealing clothing and flashy jewellery).
- Bring sun protection and wind protection and a warm jersey.
- We highly recommend bringing a small bottle of water as the local shops only stock sodas and sometimes other soft drinks.
- We recommend guests bring a little cash in small bills should they wish to purchase gifts or souvenirs.
- Pick-up & Drop-off point: Anywhere within the CBD & Waterfront precinct
- Departure & Return times: 8h30am – 1pm – 1h30pm
- Rack rate p.p. Please enquire for appropriate quotation
- Enquiries/Reservations: email@example.com
- Emergency: firstname.lastname@example.org or +27(0)769338989